Natural looking breasts in perfect proportion with your figure.
Breast Augmentation has advanced significantly in the last 10 years with improvements in surgical techniques and the range and quality of silicone implants.
Dr Melikoglu will guide the patient using 3D imaging to select the ideal implant size and type for their body type and shape. The outcome will be a perfectly proportioned breast.
Breast Augmentation is performed under general anaesthesia and in most cases patients can return home the same day. The procedure will take between 60 and 90 minutes to perform and some scarring will remain visible on the underside of the breast.
How is the operation performed?
There are many reasons that women seek breast augmentation from congenital problems to post pregnancy shape changes (due to breastfeeding) and sometimes the patient is just in search of the perfect pair.
Whatever the reason, breast augmentation can restore confidence and self-esteem and have a very positive impact on the life of the patient.
Depending on the reason for surgery there are two different methods that can be used for breast augmentation. The first is to use the patient’s own fat to add volume and natural shape and the second (and still the most popular) is to use implants.
Today the range of implants available to the surgeon is much broader and silicone implants are softer and more durable than ever before, enabling a skilled surgeon like to achieve a natural looking outcome.
During the consultation process will discuss the type of implant required for the best outcome and also demonstrate (using 3D technology) how the breasts will look post-surgery. It is important to note that the placement of the implant and the type of implant used can alter the outcome, so the consultation process is extremely important.
It is also important to note that the breast itself is never incised so that the full functionality of the breast is retained for future pregnancies, including the ability to breastfeed.
Guidelines for surgery
The following guidelines apply for all types of surgery
- Use of all blood thinners should be stopped
- Smoking should stop from the date of the operation until 10-14 days after the treatment. Any activities that will increase blood pressure should also be halted.
- You will be able to return home on the day of your surgery
- This surgery is performed under general anaesthetic
- Some scarring underneath the breast is to be expected, over time this scars become much less visible and are hidden beneath the fold of the breast
- Implants are considered to be for life and do not need to be removed even for future pregnancies and the implant does not interfere with the functionality of the breast
- Any post-operative pain felt is usually mild and can be managed using simple painkillers. Any discomfort should subside within a few days.
- Patients can begin to shower after 2-3 three days (once the initial dressings have been removed)
- Some bruising and oedema is to be expected
- A support or sports bra will need to be worn for at least three weeks after surgery, and will advise the patient of the most suitable type
- In depth research has shown that the use of breast implants does not increase the risk of breast cancer in any way