Enjoy natural looking breasts that are proportionate to your figure with only a tiny scar.
Breast Lift (Mastopexy)
Whilst there are many different reasons for sagging breasts (weight changes, breastfeeding, breast size and gravity) a breast lift can help to restore a natural look, giving the patient balanced, perfectly proportioned breasts.
The breast lift is a procedure performed under general anaesthetic that takes up to two hours to complete. During the surgery, the breast tissue is reshaped, excess skin is removed and the nipple is placed into the correct position. The breasts are reshaped to ensure that they are balanced and symmetrical.
Which surgery method is used?
Dr Melikoğlu will advise the patient on the most suitable technique to use in order to achieve the ideal result.
Factors that can influence the methodology used include; the size and weight of the breast, the position of the breast wall, and whether or not an implant is required to add volume to the breast. All of these factors will be discussed with during the consultation process.
If the nipple needs to be repositioned during the surgery, the nipple will not be detached, preserving all sensation and the functionality of the milk ducts.
Guidelines for surgery
The following guidelines apply for all types of surgery
- Use of all blood thinners should be stopped
- Smoking should stop from the date of the operation until 10-14 days after the treatment. Any activities that will increase blood pressure should also be halted.
- In most cases you will be able to return home on the day of your surgery
- This surgery is performed under general anaesthetic
- Some scarring underneath the breast is to be expected, over time this scars become much less visible and are hidden beneath the fold of the breast. If additional incisions are required will discuss these with the patient during the consultation process
- If implants are used they are considered to be for life and do not need to be removed even for future pregnancies and the implant does not interfere with the functionality of the breast
- Any post-operative pain felt is usually mild and can be managed using simple painkillers. Any discomfort should subside within a few days.
- Patients can begin to shower after 2-3 three days (once the initial dressings have been removed)
- Some bruising and oedema is to be expected
- A support or sports bra will need to be worn for at least three weeks after surgery, and will advise the patient of the most suitable type
- In depth research has shown that the use of breast implants does not increase the risk of breast cancer in any way
- Driving should be avoided for the first 10 days after surgery
- Results are considered to be permanent as long as a healthy weight is maintained