Liposuction helps you break free from local fat deposits and regain your ideal body shape..
Liposuction removes local fat deposits and reshapes the body to better proportions. It can be performed under local anaesthetic or sedation and depending on the number of areas being treated procedures can take between 45 and 90 minutes to perform.
In most cases the surgery is painless and initial recovery takes place over 2-3 days after which a compression garment is worn for a further 3 weeks.
Why is Liposuction so effective?
After adolescence, the number of fat cells in the body does not change. The process of Liposuction reduces the number of fat cells in the desired area, changing the contours of the body and preventing the area becoming deformed by fat again. The most common areas for Liposuction include the Tummy, Hips, Buttocks and Thighs.
What is the process of Liposuction?
Liposuction is the extraction of local body fat by vacuuming (using thin cannulas). As a skilled surgeon Dr Tiryaki can use this process to reshape the body to a more attractive shape.
The effects of Liposuction are immediate and recovery is relatively quick with little or no post-operative discomfort felt.
Who can have Liposuction?
Anyone in good health can be a candidate for Liposuction and during consultation Dr Tiryaki will advise the patient on their suitability. Age does have an impact on the possible outcome of Liposuction as with age skins starts to lose its elasticity and therefore its ability to adjust to the newly slimmed shape. In these instances a skin “lift” may be required in combination with the Liposuction.
Guidelines for surgery
The following guidelines apply for all types of surgery
- Use of all blood thinners should be stopped
- Smoking should stop from the date of the operation until 10-14 days after the treatment. Any activities that will increase blood pressure should also be halted.
- You will be able to return home the same day
- This surgery is performed under general anaesthetic or sedation
- Initial recovery takes 2-3 days
- Compression garments to be worn for 3 weeks after surgery
- Any post-operative discomfort can be managed using simple painkillers
- Light exercise can be resumed after 1 week
- As the incisions are very small, no scarring is left after recovery